The mission of the Perry Public Library Youth Services department is not only preparing children from birth through fifth grade for using the library on their own in the future, but also providing educational and cultural resources for them. It aims at developing their reading, research and creativity skills through different programs and activities.
1. To promote literacy, critical thinking, and information seeking.
2. To foster a love of reading and encourage library use for both scholastic and leisure needs.
3. To prepare children for a technologically advanced society.
4. To enhance children’s imaginations and artistic creativity.
5. To meet the needs of all children, including those with disabilities.
6. To meet the needs of children who experience barriers to school success.